A few days ago, I was fortunate enough to receive a nomination for the Liebster Blog Award. I am excited to get started, so here are the rules.
- Thank your nominator and provide a link to their blog
- Post the award on your blog – as a widget, in a category, as long as it’s noticeable on your blog
- Write 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer all 11 questions the nominator asked
- Nominate 11 more bloggers – this is for upcoming bloggers with 200 followers or less!
- Come up with 11 new questions for your nominees to answer
Thank you very much to Dalen Flynn for the nomination! You have always been a writer that has offered ample support to those around you. You are very appreciated by the larger community, and you exemplify what a support writer should be.
11 Random Facts
- I have been writing since I have been in elementary school.
- I read fast. If I have the time I can finish a 300 page book in eight hours.
- Due to childhood trauma, I struggle with handling and expressing my emotions.
- I love to go on runs. It helps me clear my head.
- I am easily overwhelmed by noise.
- I thought the American South was stupid, until I visited in May. It is now one of my favorite parts of our country.
- I had jaw surgery when I was 19 due to a serious under-bite.
- Last year I began working with children and adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, I feel I have finally found my passion.
- I lost my Mother at 24 years old, but I hate when people pity me for it.
- When I am driving around in the car I feel free.
- I struggle with talking about myself.
- Northern Eden
- Buffalo Sauce Everywhere
- Rosie Culture
- Tea with Jennifer
- She Rises Above
- Just Call me Jess
- Under the Surface
- Noel Neverlanding
My answers to Dalens Questions
- Why do you believe you deserve this award?
I have worked very hard on the blog, and it means the world to me.
- If you could be in a music video, which one would you be in?
Something by the Lumineers, because they are haunt, hauntingly raw and real.
- Coke or Pepsi?
- What is your favourite season? Why?
Late Summer/Early Fall. I like when the nights are cool and the days are warm. I also appreciate this time of plenty.
- What type of music best describes your personality?
Honestly all over the place, so instead of telling, I will show you, This is my Spotify list
- Introvert or Extrovert?
I am so introverted that if I see people I know in the supermarket and I’m not in a great headspace I hide.
- What would you wear if you could only wear one outfit for the rest of your life?
Teva flip flops, Skinny jeans, T-shirt or a light hooded shirt. I enjoy comfort and being covered up because it makes me feel safe.
- Is there a mysterious, isolated area of your house you’ve never been in? If so, why?
- In a battle to end all battles, what is your weapon of choice?
With my luck, I will be out somewhere inconvenient and end up defending my life with a gallon of milk or a coat hanger.
- What food seduces you like no other?
I have a serious Macaron Problem. but only if they are fresh.
- Do you prefer heroes or villains? Why?
This depends on how they are written. Honestly I have seen people try to make heroes human, and instead they make them annoying. You have to have to skill to add unsavory traits to a hero(my favorite example is Scarlett O’Hara in Gone With The Wind. I have read some villains that that have incredibly written human qualities that make me appreciate them. For me it is all about how they are presented, and the skills of their creators.
Here are my Questions
1. Who is your favorite author
2. What is your favorite day of the week?
3. Name a traumatic event in your life and how it changed you.
4. Who is the most influential person in your life?
5. What is your favorite chore?
6. What is something you find funny?
7. What is your favorite self care activity ?
8. What is your biggest weakness?
9. Where is your favorite location?
10. Why do you write?
11. What is the most important trait you value in others?
I wish all the best of luck to those I’ve nominated!